The Privacy Statement
This privacy statement describes how the Finnish Figure Skating Association (FFSA) and member clubs process the personal data of those registered in the Hoika Membership and education register. Primarily, personal data is processed for skating and competition, as well as for carrying out tasks related to working with skating.
Administrator and Contact Person
Finnish Figure Skating Association
Y ID: 0202300-3
Valimotie 10, 00380 HELSINKI
Contact person: Salla Mäkelä
Hoika – Figure Skating Association’s Club and training register and Club membership register
Basis and purpose of processing personal data
The register processes the personal data of club members and former members, as well as contact persons and elected representatives related to the activities of the club or the FFSA. In addition, the register processes the personal data of persons participating in/participating in trainings and events organized by the FFSA.
Personal data are processed based on the data subject’s consent or the membership relationship between the club and the member or any other appropriate connection, in which case the legal basis of processing is the legitimate interest of the controller, for the following purposes of the processing:
- Maintaining memberships
- Purchase of licenses
- Transfer of insurance information to an insurance company
- Maintenance of the test register
- Implementation of competition activities and events (registration, point-scoring and publication of results on the Internet)
- Maintenance of education register
- Photography and videotating (from participants in competitions/public events)
- Maintenance of the result service and publication of statistics
- Electronic member communications (As a person registered in Hoika, the user is entitled to receive communications related to the activities of the FFSA and clubs by e-mail to the limits of the law)
- Analysis and statistics (annual statistics)
- Customer service and operational implementation and development
The register of contact persons of member clubs is used for information, invoicing and other contacts concerning the association.
Personal data to be processed:
We process the following personal data or categories of personal data that are necessary for the data subject’s purpose:
- contact information, such as name, email address, phone number, mailing address
- registration information, such as username and password, as well as any other unique identifier
- demographics, such as date of birth and gender
- license information (including personal identity code) and any insurance information
- permits and consents, such as direct marketing consent
- information on the membership relationship, such as billing and payment information, information on the holder of parental responsibility
- for participants in competitions and public events, photographs and videos (can be used to support event or skating communication)
- information related to the club’s and the person’s competition/event activities, as well as any other information collected with consent.
In the register of members for persons under the age of 18, the register also includes the name and e-mail of a parent or a guardian. In the education register for persons under the age of 18, the register also includes the name and e-mail of the parent or the guardian.
In addition to the personal data mentioned earlier, the courses and invoices and the proficiencies granted by the FFSA are maintained in the education register.
The club register maintains the information of the contact persons of the clubs (name, address, telephone number, member club and the role of the contact person).
Regular data sources
The data in the member register is collected when the person registers for the first time in the system. The data subject maintains his/her own personal data in terms of contact information and consents in the system. The data subject can see their personal data by logging into the register with a personal username and password.
The education register includes data maintained by the data subject himself or herself and any data of courses maintained by the FFSA.
For club contact persons, the administrator of the club’s register maintains the data.
In special cases, the FFSA may modify the data in the register with the consent of the data subject or the club.
Regular disclosures and transfers of personal data
We do not sell or rent the data subject’s personal data to third parties. We disclose information to third parties in the following cases:
- Registered person and license information to enable registration for the competition and to calculate and publish results (the results of the competitions of the participants are published in the public results service)
- Third-party systems requiring participation in international competitions
- Data of the data subject if the data subject purchases insurance in connection with the licence
Organizing of education, event, camp, etc.:
- The personal data necessary for the implementation of the event, such asaccommodation organisersand trainers, will be passed on to the parties involved in the implementation of the event.
Marketing and communication:
- Marketing and communications agencies: Contact details (name, e-mail address) of the data subject for those data subjects who have given their consent to direct marketing.
Invoicing and financial management:
- Billing information of the registered party for invoicing purposes.
- We may disclose the user’s personal data in a manner that is required by the competent authorities or other parties and based on applicable legislation.
Personal data may be transferred, when changing the registry service provider, to a new system administrator.
Transfer of data outside the EU or EEA Data may be transferred outside the
EU and the European Economic Area if competitive activity so requires.
Storage period of personal data
We store the data of the data subject only for as long as is necessary for the purposes specified in “Grounds for and purpose of processing personal data” above, in accordance with the legislation in force and the regulations of the FFSA.
Protection and information security of personal data
The Figure Skating Association is responsible for granting and monitoring access rights to the education and club register to the employees and trainers of the FFSA and to the club’s main users. The use of the register requires a personal username and password. Access rights to the register are granted to those who may need them from the point of view of operation. Access to all the contents of the register is available to the IT system provider and the joint registers, i.e. the main users of the FFSA. The FFSA grants the club’s registry officer access to the register and, if necessary, can grant access rights to others in the club who need them. In addition, the club can form different legal groups in Hoika, and the club is responsible for maintaining them.
A data processing agreement has been concluded with third parties and they have the right to use their data disclosed from the register only for the matters specified in the contract. At the end of the agreement, the third party shall remove the material received appropriately and without delay.
Manual materials concerning the register are stored in protected spaces. Digitally stored and processed data is stored in databases that are protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical means. The databases are located 24/7 in controlled spaces, access to which is restricted only to persons who, based on their work tasks, need to access the data.
Right of inspection
The data subject has the right to check what data concerning him or her has been entered in the register. By logging in to the system, the data subject can check their basic information. All data of the data subject and his/her historical data are available to the data subject for a copying fee from the FFSA.
The right to request recitation of data
Other rights related to the processing of personal data
Right of prohibition the data subject has the right to prohibit the controller from processing data concerning him or her for direct advertising, distance selling or other direct marketing by removing consent from the system at any time. You can also deny receiving newsletters via the link at the end of the newsletter.
Right to delete data
Right to transfer data from one system to another the data subject has the right to require the controller to transfer his or her data in a commonly used transfer format to another system.
A registered request may be refused based on the applicable law.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
The data subject always has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority concerning the way in which we process the data subject’s personal data. The complaint is made in a manner instructed by the competent authority directly to the competent authority, which in Finland is the Data Protection Ombudsman.
Contact the data